Friday, March 6, 2009

Love and Forgiveness

Living in harmony with others is challenging at times. If people would just act the way I think they should, everything would be fine-people would treat me the way I think I should be treated; politicians would vote correctly; other drivers would be courteous; and there would be peace in the world. However, that's not how things work. I live in a world where these things happen sometimes but not all of the time. It's nice when things go my way, but if I expect that every day, I spend a lot of time living with conflict inside that doesn't feel good and can make me think and act out of accordance with how I know God wants me to think and act.

Love and forgiveness come from God. Scripture tells me that when I practice these spiritual principles I am living the way God wants people to live. I have to look honestly at my side of the street and what I need to clean up there, and not look at what the person on the other side of the street needs to clean up. This does not come easily for me. I am judgmental much more of the time than I should be, I procastinate, I'm jealous, unwilling; the list goes on and on. But God loves me and forgives me anyway. He gives me direction. He gives me love and forgiveness when I listen to him. Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment