Sunday, March 1, 2009

God's will

I have always had a problem with understanding the will of God. I have been in some fellowships who activley seek to know it in full with full direction, and in some fellowships where they don't believe they can know it at all. I believe I'm somewhere in the middle of road in my view. I believe we can know some of God's will in full, while have to simply trust in his soveriegn will in most instances. The repeating theme of God's will , as i have come to understand it, is surrender. And it is with this surrender that I struggle with the most. I believe we are fearful of surrender because we believe that God is going to " get us" for whatever unspoken iniquities lie within, by making us "pay pennance" with some arduous task we are not equipped for.At least that what I struggle with.:) We really have to trust God. We really have to believe that Jesus was sent into the world so that God through him could begin reconciliation with us. Letting go is the hard part, and I'm grateful we serve a Lord who is patient with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment