Monday, March 9, 2009

Can you see me?

I glanced over the myriad scriptures on page 58 of Tuesday's devotion.  So the way to take control of my spiritual life is to precisely give up complete control of it.  I have a weed problem.

What about this warm weather, huh?  Take a look at the weeds.  With the warming soil, they are already going crazy.

Reminds me of my own "so seldom walked on it's so overgrown with weeds" descending path to the "way of love".  (p. 60)  So full of weeds it's hard to see.  Much less follow.

Kind of.

A weed isn't necessarily a bad plant.  A weed is simply a plant out of place.

A weed is defined, not by its genus and species, but by its place.

So:  I suppose the things that obscure this descending way aren't necessarily the ugly overgrown horse fennel, crabgrass, or dandelions.  

Sometimes: it's the "good" things that are simply out of place.  The heirloom tomatoes and Japanese Maples growing up in the cracks of the driveway.

I'm so busy making sure the "inner city kid" has a mentor; my daughter has given up on me helping her with Algebra.

Going on the retreat has cost time away with my wife where God awaits the opportunity to meet me in the light of her eyes.

Five straight blog posts, but no thank you note to my brother who gave up his vacation to spend time with my aged parents.

Help!  I'm in the weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment