Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Collective

I like the collective "Our Father." I like the thought that as we pray, Christ is there and that all who pray are there with us too. I work with a lot of people whose relationship with their earthly father was/is less than loving, some neglectful, some abusive, some traumatic, some torturous. I like the collective because we can gather around those who don't know the generosity of a loving God and don't know the kindness of a earthly father. We can love them into awareness and hope that these relationships, the relationships between the loving God and ourselves is reflected in the love we have for each other. The power of love then does the rest. God is love and we try to love as God does and that is good example of the collective "Our Father." I like that.

1 comment: