Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dealing with the guilt will be hard these 40 days. My human nature compels me to be drawn to what I think, what I think is best, where I want to go and do, what I believe to be right. I think we all want to do what is right, to listen and follow God more closely. But it’s hard in a world that drags you in the other direction. Our worldly bodies and minds are weak. Almost every daily encounter compels us to put our guard up, not to trust. We know it will be better to completely give our lives to God and Christ, but we resist from lack of faith and trust, the same faith on which our entire Christian Church is based.

I guess it will be hard to really hear and not just listen until I fully trust in the knowledge and faith that God has the best plan for me. Yes, it’s going to be a long 40 days. But, with out the first step, even with just a little faith, and only able to hear a faint voice, we will never reach the point of true faith in God and his purpose for our lives. I'm taking that first step. When you see me – encourage me.

No comments:

Post a Comment